Lessons Learned In 2018 | My Life Goals For 2019
How would you describe your 2018 in a sentence? Mine would be “A Year Of Lessons”. Why you may ask? Because I learned a lot of lessons the hard way this year, I have been anxiously counting the hours till this year was officially over. With 2018 less than 12 hours away I’m in a great enough mood to write about this trying year.
First things first here are previous lessons I’ve learned this year 25 valuable lessons I learned from past relationships you need to know too and 11 Heartbreaking lessons I learned from a toxic Friendship.
What other lessons have I learned you may ask?
- I have Learned to depend only on God and myself.
- I have had my heart torn out and learned to heal again all by myself.
- I have seen the darkest side of a supposed Angelic friend.
- I have Learned that people only love and support you when it’s beneficial.
- I have Learned that nothing goes or nothing.
- I have Learned that the one closest your is your worst enemy.
- I have Learned to fall and get up by myself.
- I have learned to keep things to myself.
- I have Learned to toughen up.
- I have Learned that no matter how good you are you will never satisfy people and to stop hurting myself trying to conform to what others think I should be.
- I have Learned that some friends are closer and wish you better that family.
- I have Learned to put God First.
Now this may not seem like much to you, but to me they are the painful experiences I had to go through to get to where I am today, I have read about this before of course, but no book or novel or movie I’ve ever seen could prepare me for the excruciating pain each of this Learning process brought.
I have to say I’m not the same woman I was In January 2018, no that woman is dead, and in place of her stands a Warrior, A woman tried and tested and found unbreakable, A strong woman, A woman who is already 10 times the one I was before.
2018 you tried and failed. You couldn’t break me, even though you made me breakdown in tears many times. You forged me, fortified me and made me better, I thank you for that.
A year I have labelled my year of Perfection, my year of divine promotion, of unchallengeable increase.
I have never been a fan of “New year new me” movement, because I usually end up throwing them out.
But I’m writing this to remind my self in December 2019 of how I said I’d do it and I did it.
My goals of 2019 are as follows:
1.Keep my standards high and my level of self-acceptance higher.
The reason I suffered much in 2018 is because I compromised. I accepted less that I deserve, inferior friends, inferior relationships and bad life choices and that is a mistake I won’t be making in 2019. If anything is not up to my standards, it’s got to go. I will not bend, I will not fold I will not break.
Self-acceptance is another way which I failed myself woefully in 2018. I won’t change my self because someone finds me inappropriate or fold to conform to anyone’s standards, no that’s a mistake that won’t be repeating itself.
2. Don’t go in search of love, but accept it if it comes
Have you ever noticed that when you search for something so vigorously it remains out of reach? Well that’s the same for me, in 2019 I will be embracing my singleness and use that time to celebrate my maker. I will put all my energy into becoming a better person and a better daughter amen servant to Jehovah.
3. Open my mind to different possibilities and have fun
The things you want usually come in unexpected packages. I’ll keep an eye out for that.
4. Stop being a victim
I have decided to stop being a victim of life, circumstances and stop making excuses for why something is the way it is
5. Stop fearing the fire, become the fire
Every thing you wish for lies on the other side of fear, do you dare take them? I will go for every I have ever wished for this year.
I will get to my ideal weight this year
I will finish writing that book this year
I will take chances this year
And I won’t back down this year.
6. Grow closer to God and commit all my ways to him
“Acknowledge me in all your ways and I will direct you path” is my watch word for the year.
7. Be happy
In this year all I want is to be extremely and irrevocably happy, irrespective of what that may look like to others.
That is it Loves.
I wish you happiness, and good health and Love and Good tidings, and favor and all you have ever wished for.
Let me be the first to wish you a happy new year, I wish you a fruitful and fulfilling year. See you in the new year Loves.
Love & Light,